Happy Birthday Mark Grondin From Your Spectators!

Hello Mark! Today is Saturday April 20th, 2019 and that means that today is the day that you turn 29!

Happy birthday darling! Since I found your channel on August 3rd, 2016, you have not only introduced me to some of my new favorite artists such as Marianas Trench (who I am currently listening to as I write this,) Doomtree, Kendrick Lamar, Algiers and others, you have also inspired me to take more risks, such as starting this blog and I'm now so much more observant and critical in the way that I view media. But don't just take my word for it. Take it from some of my fellow Spectators.

Mark has helped me dramatically broaden my musical tastes, introducing me to artists like KONGOS, Open Mike Eagle, and Jason Isbell, as well as showing me that there is good stuff on the pop charts. If it weren't for him, I'd still be in a bubble of dad rock. Thank you so much, Mark. <3

- Josh K (@WQ_Josh on Twitter)

Heyo Speccy!

Happy Birthday to my favorite Canadian! You know, I may not have been around as long as some other Spectators but I've been around enough to know that you are a wonderful person and a truly inspiring soul. I am looking forward to see what you do next. Hope the future of Spectrum Pulse is as incredible as you. Happy Birthday!

Love you loads,
Calista A Rasmussen (@CaliRasmussenn on Twitter)


Personally, it’s very clear how Mark has impacted me as a music fan- his content has allowed to me discover so much great music. I’ve listened to so many bands and artists that I otherwise wouldn’t have heard thanks to him, and I can’t thank him enough. His year-end top 50 songs lists have caused me to find some amazing hidden gems, and his glowing reviews of albums have led me to listen to them and praise them as much, if not more than he did. The biggest example for me is Dying Star by Ruston Kelly. I overlooked that album last year until I saw he gave it a 9, and I can say pretty confidently that it’s  my favorite album of 2018. Things like that are what make Mark such a great music critic to follow, because I can always count on him for showing me a new song or album that I’ll be putting on repeat for days after I listen to it.  Convincing people to check out a work is exactly what a critic is supposed to do, and Mark does the best job of any critic I know. 
-- Jordan (@jfarbzz on Twitter)

On behalf of all of your Spectators, thank you so much for everything that you have done to help us broaden our musical horizons, making new friends and so much more. Happy birthday Mark. Cheers to many many more!

Comments

Popular Posts